In addition, we will discuss about Troubleshooting AVG Antivirus or Your Enhanced Firewall is Turned Off. In certain cases, Troubleshooting AVG Antivirus Security Centre in Windows detects that you install. But reports that AVG Antivirus and enhanced firewall is turned off. When this issue occurs, Windows may display a notification box on your screen.
In order to find out how to resolve this issue, continue reading this article for further instructions.
NOTE: If Windows does not detect AVG Antivirus installation, refer to alternative Troubleshooting AVG Antivirus steps in the following article.
Windows does not detect AVG Antivirus Installation
CHECK YOUR AVG PROTECTION
- Ensure that your AVG Antivirus is install and active. Make sure that the application reports you are fully protect or you have basic protection
- Ensure your application version and virus definitions are update.
If you experience an issue with your AVG protection status, refer to the instructions in the following article:
- Troubleshooting an unprotected status or inactive Firewall in AVG Antivirus
CHECK YOUR ENHANCED FIREWALL
NOTE: Enhanced Firewall is included only in AVG Internet Security. If you are using AVG Antivirus FREE or another firewall, skip these steps.
To check whether Enhanced Firewall is installed and turned off, follow these steps
- Open the AVG user interface and click the Hacker Attacks tile
- Ensure that the slider above the Enhanced Firewall is green (ON)
Firstly, If you experience issues enabling Enhanced Firewall, refer to the instructions in the following article:
- Troubleshooting an unprotected status or inactive Firewall in the AVG Antivirus
ENABLE AVG IN THE ACTION CENTRE
However, If AVG Antivirus is properly installed, activate, update, and actively protecting your PC, try to enable AVG Antivirus and Enhance Firewall directly in the Action\Security Centre.
- Click the Security and Maintenance notification
- Click Turn on AVG Antivirus(or Turn on Enhanced firewall)
- If prompted, click Yes, I trust the publisher and I want to run this app.
If you are looking for support you can visit our website Local Geeks Help or you can chat with our live Technician.