What is Microsoft Edge Browser?
Microsoft Edge Browser has been launched in 2015 and is a flagship browser of Microsoft. It comes pre-loaded and has been set as the default for all the window machines. It is a successor to the internet browser that helps all the IT communities in improving the poor performance because of the browser. It has been based on the Chromium open-source project which provides amazing features including some amazing improvements. So, it can be a great alternative for those who are looking for something new.
How to Download Microsoft Edge Browser?
You can easily download Microsoft Edge but before doing so, here are some tips that will help you in installing and download it easily.
- You have to make sure that you are using a compatible OS. Currently, Microsoft Edge is only available on windows 10, windows 8, windows 8.1, windows 7, macOS, and Linux. So, you need to first, check your OS and then try to download and install it on your device.
- You should use a strong internet connection. Also, you must check the VPN that you are using; if it shows an error and it has been blocked by Microsoft Browser.
- You should check the trusted sites before downloading & installing the Microsoft Edge browser.
For downloading and installing the Microsoft Edge browser, you need to follow the steps as follows:
- If you are using internet explorer then you need to first go to tools.
- After that, move to internet options and then choose the security tab.
- Go to trusted sites and then choose sites.
- You have to go under add this website to the zone and then need to write down http://officeapps.live.com.
- Next go to add and then choose close and then need to choose to download install it on your device.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge?
- First of all, open finder and then go to the applications folder.
- Choose Microsoft edge and then go to the file option.
- Finally, you need to choose the move to trash option.
Things To Know About Microsoft Edge extensions
It is a small app that has been developed for developers to add or modify any features in Microsoft Edge anytime they want. It helps in improving the browsing experience. Also, a user can easily create a Microsoft Edge extension if they have any idea regarding how to do so. Some features that it should have:
- JSON file-based app
- HTML File
- CSS file
Note: The latest updates of Microsoft Edge have come on 10, November 2022 called Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 107.0.1418.42).
Instant Steps to Download & Install Microsoft Edge on Chromebook
For downloading and installing Microsoft Edge on Chromebook, you need to follow the steps as follows:
- First of all, you need to enable Linux in Chrome OS settings.
- After that, you need to download the Linux flavor and then have to click on the download file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts for installing it and then you can easily enjoy using it on your device.
Difference Between Microsoft Edge & Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge is a web browser but it doesn’t support NPAPI plug-ins for running applications that Internet Explorer needs.
- Microsoft Edge comes preinstalled as the default browser but for opening Internet explorer, you need to go to windows and then have to type internet explorer, and follow on-screen prompts.
- You can also remove the edge from the taskbar just by moving to the edge icon and then need to choose to unpin option.
In this whole blog, we have mentioned everything about Microsoft Edge Browser like Microsoft extension, install, download process of edge browser and many more other thing. Hope you like this blog. If you have any related queries regarding browser you can contact us our browser experts anytime at +1-256-286-0048.