How to Create Update Reset Your Roku PIN? To begin with, you must already know that Roku lets you use a four-digit PIN (personal identification number) to make sure that only authorized users can make purchases. You can also use it as a parental control feature to keep children away from watching certain content. However, using the Roku PIN is optional, but it is definitely a good idea if you are not the only person who uses the Roku players.
How do I add or update my Roku PIN?
- You will need to go to my.roku.com using a web browser and then sign into your account if required.
- Next, in the ‘PIN preferences’ section, you should see your current PIN preferences. However, if you’ve never set a PIN before, you don’t need a PIN to make purchases, and you don’t need a PIN to view content.
- After doing so you just need to click on the ‘Update’ button.
TIP: You can go to the Roku website to create or update your PIN and PIN settings
- If PIN settings are currently disabled, you must select the option “Always require a PIN to make purchases or add items in the Channel Store, or Always require a PIN to make purchases.”
TIP: After you select one of the options that requires using a PIN to make a purchase or add content then you can create a PIN as well.
- You should now enter your desired PIN and verify it; keep in mind that both fields must match the same.
- After that, you can make any additional changes that you want to your PIN settings. You can also set your preference to use the PIN for purchasing or parental controls.
- And now you just got to click on the ‘Save Changes’ button.
What is the process to reset my Roku PIN?
Well, you would be glad to know that Roku makes it simple and easy to reset your PIN, unlike most other systems that also use PINs, with Roku you do not need to know your old PIN to create a new one. All you need is to be able to log into your Roku account via your username and password. Nevertheless, if you do not remember your username or password then you can choose to perform a password recovery for the same.
- You will need to start by going to my.roku.com using the web browser and signing in to your Roku account if needed. But if you do not know your password then you can click on the ‘Forgot password?’ option and then just follow the given instructions on your screen to get a password reset email.
- After that, in the ‘PIN Preference’ section you will need to click on ‘Update’.
- Next, you must enter your desired PIN and verify it as well; remember that both fields must match. NOTE: however, you do not need to remember your old PIN to reset it or create a new one.
- You can now go ahead and make any additional changes that you want to your PIN settings this even includes using the PIN while making purchases and also if you like to use it for parental controls.
- At last, you will have to click on the ‘Save Changes’ button that’s it.
How do I manage my Roku PIN?
You ought to know that Roku uses a single PIN to control several different security features such as making purchases, installing streaming channels as well and enabling parental controls.
How do I Use Roku PIN for purchases and adding content?
Now firstly, whenever you create, update, or reset your Roku PIN on the Roku website you will always see the option to use that PIN for purchases and adding content. Hence below you will find three options and what they do;
- Always require a PIN to make a purchase and add items from the Channel Store – now if you have saved this selection, then you would need to enter your PIN before you make a purchase that will use the payment information saved in your Roku account. You will also need to enter the PIN before you install any streaming channel onto your Roku player.
- Always require a PIN to make a purchase – you will still need to enter your PIN before you make any purchase, moreover, Roku will not request your PIN before you install a streaming channel.
- A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any items from the Channel Store – this option turns the PIN security feature off for purchases and installing content. So if you are not the only person with access to the Roku player then this selection will leave you vulnerable to unintended purchases.
The process to use Roku PIN for Parental Controls
Well, when you create, update or reset your Roku PIN on the Roku website then you would have the option to use that PIN for Roku’s Parental Controls features on ‘The Roku Channel’ itself. Here you have four options to set controls using the Roku PIN such as mentioned below;
- Little kids – Choosing this option lets you watch anything on ‘The Roku Channel’ that is rated G, TV-Y-Y, or TV-G without a PIN. Whereas all other content including R, NC-17, TV-MA, PG-13, TV-14, PG, TV-PG, TV-Y7, Unrated and Not Rated also requires a PIN.
- Young Kids – this option allows you to watch G, PG, TV-Y, TV-G, TV-Y7 and TV-PG content on the Roku Channel without a PIN otherwise everything else needs a PIN.
- Teens – choosing this option you get to watch TV-14, PG-13, TV-PG, PG, TV-Y, TV-Y7, TV-G and G content on The Roku Channel without a PIN otherwise other content does need a PIN.
- Off – if you choose this then it will turn off Parental Controls therefore anyone with the remote control can select and watch any content.
TIP: You should remember that Roku’s Parental Controls feature only filters content on ‘The Roku Channel’. Hence it sets no restrictions on content on any other streaming channel.
Now that you have gone through the above lines you should be all good to manage your Roku account and remote effortlessly. Nevertheless, if you come across some glitches then you can always get in touch with the well-equipped and experienced technicians without any hesitation. They will be available at all times and ready to assist you with the most suitable solutions right away.
Related Article: How to Fix YouTube Not Working On a Roku Device in 2023?