How to Connect Roku to WiFi Without Remote: This is the ideal place to start if you’re wondering how to Connect Roku to WiFi Without Remote control and by utilizing the Roku app or browser extension. All you have to do to achieve the intended outcomes is thoroughly read this blog.
Call Support Number: +1-888-256-6612
How to Connect Roku Device to a Wi-Fi Network without Remote using the Roku app?
To be able to Connect Roku to WiFi Without Remote using the Roku app you would need to first set up the Roku app on your mobile phone. You can avail it for free on iPhones in the Apple App Store and for Androids in the Google Play Store.
- Now you must first connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku player. This method won’t work if your Roku device isn’t even connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Next, you need to open the Roku app and then tap on ‘Devices’ in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- You also need to tap on Roku when it appears in the app.
- After that, you should be connected to the Roku as a remote. You just need to tap on ‘Remote’ and then use the remote to select the ‘Settings’ icon on the left side of Roku’s home screen and now select ‘Network’.
- You now need to select the ‘Set up connection’ option and select ‘Wireless’ to let your Roku search for a new Wi-Fi signal. When it finds the signal that you’re looking for then just select it and enter the password.
You should also know that when you connect to the new network your virtual remote will disconnect. Therefore you would need to connect your phone to the new network and reconnect it.
Connect a Roku device to a Wi-Fi network without remote in a browser
If you would rather not utilize the Roku mobile app, you can download the Remoku Roku extension for Microsoft Edge or the Roku Google Chrome extension.
- You should connect your computer and Roku player to the same Wi-Fi network and then go to Google Chrome on the computer.
- After that, click on the ‘Remoku’ icon in the toolbar that is located in the top right part of the Chrome window. Doing so will bring up a virtual remote on your screen; you can now use this to navigate the Roku player’s menus.
- Now, using the virtual remote, you need to select ‘Settings’ on the left side of the Roku’s home screen then select ‘Network’.
- Next, you would need to select ‘Set up connection’ and then select ‘Wireless’ to let your Roku device search for a new Wi-Fi signal. When your Roku finds the signal you want then you should select it and enter the password.
You should know that since you have selected a different Wi-Fi network, Remoku will disconnect. You just need to connect your computer to the new network and you should be all set to use the virtual remote again.
Connect Roku to WiFi Without Remote using the Ethernet cable
You must know that this method will only work if your Roku device has an Ethernet port; this includes the Roku Ultimate family of devices as well as some Roku TVs. Furthermore, you would also need the free Roku app for iPhone and the Roku app for Android to be able to use a virtual remote.
- You need to begin by connecting your Roku player to the router using an Ethernet cable, and then connect your iPhone or Android to the same router wirelessly; this step will ensure that they are on the same network.
- You now need to tap on Roku when you see it appearing in the app.
- Next, when your phone and the Roku device connect you should tap on ‘Remote’.
- And then on the Roku player, you need to use the virtual remote to select ‘Settings’ on the left side of the homescreen and then just select the ‘Network’ option.
- You now also need to select ‘Set up connection’ and then select ‘Wired’.
- Finally, you must select your network from the list and then enter your password in the given field. When you’re all done, you just need to hit on the ‘Connect’ button and you should have your Roku device connected to the Wi-Fi network.
If you want then at this point you can also disconnect the Ethernet cable.
By now you should be all good to start using your Roku devices without any problem. However, if you need any further assistance then you contact the well-trained experts who are capable of providing you with the topmost solutions.
Related Article: How to resolve a Roku Channel Playback Error?