Are you searching for how to Add or remove inbox categories and tabs in Gmail account? If so then right here you will surely be guided with all the details that you need to get the needful done. You only need to go through this blog carefully till you reach the end.
Call Customer Support: +1-800-513-4943
Add or remove inbox categories and tabs in Gmail:
- Firstly, on your computer, you got to open Gmail.
- And then at the top right side you need to click on the ‘Settings’ gear icon > See all Settings’ option.
- Next, you will need to click on the ‘Inbox’ button.
- And now in the ‘Inbox Type’ section, you need to select the ‘Default’ option.
NOTE: To be able to hide all the tabs you will need to select another inbox type.
- Then in the ‘Categories’ section, you got to check the boxes of tabs that you would like to show.
NOTE: You need to keep in mind that you cannot make new tabs; you are only allowed to show or hide the existing ones.
- After that, you just need to scroll down to the bottom of the screen and then click on the ‘Save Changes’ button.
TIP: Now if you have turned on notifications then you should know that you will only get notifications about emails that are in your ‘Primary’ category.
Move An Email To A New Category:
- To be able to move an email to a new category you just got to drag an email to a category tab to add it.
- And if you want to move all future emails from that sender to that category, then you would need to click on the ‘Yes’ button that is on the bottom left pop-up notifications.
Find Emails In A Category:
If you are looking out to find emails using a category then you should go through the following steps:
If you cannot find emails in a category then;
- You should know that the archived emails will show up in their category tabs.
- So to be able to find emails that you have archived you would need to search for the email in the box right at the top of the page.
You can also search a category by doing the following;
- Firstly, you should type ‘Category’ and then the category name also before your search term.
Such as; category: social party shows you emails in the ‘Social’ tab that includes ‘Party’.
Turn Promotion Bundling Off:
If you would like to know how to use the ‘Default’ inbox type, then Gmail bundles promotional emails under the ‘Promotions’ tab then you should follow the steps below to turn the setting ‘OFF’.
- You first need to start by opening Gmail.
- After that, in the top right corner, you should click on the ‘Settings > See all Settings’ option.
- And now you will need to click on ‘Inbox > untick ‘Enable bundling of top promo emails Promotions.’
If you like you could choose to learn more about : Keep Email Protected From Hacking
.Change Notifications for Each Category:
In this section, you have the option to choose different notifications for each category. You can choose to learn more about ‘Notifications.’
How to Check the Number of Messages in Your Inbox?
First of all, you should know that the replies to a message are always grouped into conversations in a Gmail account. And therefore you will see the number of conversations that you have but not the messages.
You can follow the steps below to see how many messages you have in your inbox;
- You need to first go on your computer and open Gmail. You must know that you cannot find the total number of messages from the Gmail app.
- Next, in the top right of the page, you will need to click on the Settings gear.
- And then you must scroll down to the ‘Conversation view’ section.
- You will now have to select the ‘Conversation view off’ button.
- And then at the bottom of the page, you should click on ‘Save Changes’.
- And now you will need to go back to your inbox to see the number of messages that you have. Now if you have multiple sections or categories, then you must make sure that you add the number together for each section.
- Finally, when you are finished, you should go back to settings and turn ‘on’ the ‘Conversation View’ tab.
I Can’t Turn On Inbox Categories:
You should keep in mind that if you have more than 250, 000 messages in your Gmail inbox, then you will not be able to turn on ‘Inbox Categories’.
Therefore if you want to get below this limit you would have to first archive or delete messages.
The above should be helpful to you and by now you should be able to manage the same without any difficulty. However, if you face any problem or have some queries related you can directly get in touch with the experts. The supporting team is available 24/7 to assist you with any further solutions.