If you need to resolve WFS.exe missing or not found error on windows 11 or 10 then must go through this content quickly. Here, you will find the simple steps for resolving WFS.exe missing or not found error on windows 11 or 10. So, move ahead, and in case of any issues related to it then without any other thought, contact the experts right away for 100% quick assistance.
Call Customer Support: +1-800-513-4943
For resolving WFS.exe missing or not found error on windows 11 or 10, follow the steps as follows:
- Repair the corrupted system files with the help of SFC
- Quickly copy the wfs.exe file from your Windows PC
- You need to then look if the windows fax and scan feature has been properly installed or not
Follow the solution in detail:
Repair the corrupted system files with the help of SFC
- You need to simply run the SFC scan instantly. For doing so, you need to write down the cmd mentioned in the search box.
- Go to the run as administrator option and then you need to write down the following command sfc scannow on the command prompt and then you need to go to the start enter. Finally, you need to wait for some process and then you need to instantly restart your respective device instantly.
Quickly copy the wfs.exe file from your windows PC
- You need to first of all, move ahead to the PC and then you need to go to the same device and then you have to simply open the file browse by simply holding down the windows key + E.
- You need to then locate as well as find the folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\WFS.exe, and then you need to copy as well as paste the respective file into the respective flash drive.
- You need to then instantly remove the flash drive and then you need to again copy as well as paste the wfs.exe to the computer file and then finally, you need to restart your device instantly and check out if it is showing the error wfs.exe is missing or not.
Next, you should check to see if the Windows Fax and Scan feature is installed correctly.
- First, you ought to at once take a look at if the Windows Fax and Scan characteristic is mounted correctly. If it’s miles mounted, it ought to be reinstalled at once. But if not installed then you need to immediately install it on your respective device. After doing so, you need to simply re-install the windows fax as well as a scan which will help in fixing the error of wfs.exe. Also, there are many methods for installing the windows fax and scan with the help of settings run by simply running a command in the mentioned command prompt or via the control panel.
For installing the windows fax and scan with the help of the settings app:
- You need to, first of all, open the windows settings by simply holding the windows key + I.
- After that, go to the apps option and then you need to choose the optional features mentioned on the left side of the respective window.
- Go to view features and then a new window will appear on your device and then you need to write down the scan on the search box.
- You need to then instantly go to the box that is just next to windows fax and scan and then you need to instantly start the installation process.
For installing the windows fax and scan with the help of the command prompt:
- You need to, first of all, move ahead to the search bar and then you need to write down the cmd for opening the command prompt.
- Go to “run as administrator” and then choose the yes option instantly mentioned on the user account control prompt.
- You need to then finally write down the following command line mentioned below and choose to enter option: dism/online/add-capability/capability name: Print.Fax.Scan.
Installing windows fax and scan with the help of the control panel, you need to follow the steps as follows:
- First of all, you need to open the run dialog box and then you need to write down the appwiz. cpl and then you need to choose to enter the option.
- Go to open programs and features mentioned in the control panel.
- You need to go to the top-left of the respective panel and then choose to turn the windows features for the turning on or off option.
- You need to then find as well as located the windows fax and scan and then you need to finally choose ok and then you need to finally restart your respective computer instantly.
Where is the windows fax as well as a scan folder located on your device?
The windows fax, as well as the scan folder, will be quickly located in scanned documents that would be under the documents folders. Best of all, this only applies to documents scanned using the built-in Windows Fax and Scan tools.
Why are your windows scan not working properly?
There can be various reasons why your windows can not respond properly but one of the main reasons is missing drivers. Along with that, corrupted system files, cable issues, disabled WIA service, and many other issues.
Need some help?
If something is troubling you related to your respective device or anything related to this content then without giving it a second thought, reach Geeks Support on the toll-free number for quick guidelines as well as solutions.
Read Our Latest Article: How to instantly recover deleted files or folders from a network drive in windows 11/10?