If you are willing to resolve Outlook not updating automatically trouble then must go through this article. Here, you will find the simple steps to resolve Outlook not updating automatically trouble. So, move ahead, and in case of any queries related to not updating issues, reach out the tech support for quick help.
Reasons for Outlook not updating
One can face the Outlook inbox not updating error when the emails can only be delivered if the user clicks on the update folder. It can be easily found under the send or receive tab mentioned in your account. Also, here are some reasons that can cause not updating issues;
- The refreshing rate of the inbox is slow
- Email settings are incorrect
- The local cache is oversized
- Inconsistent Outlook data file
- Damaged/Corrupted PST file
- There is a poor internet connection
- Synchronization trouble between offline as well as online items
- The auto-update feature has been disabled
How to immediately resolve Outlook not updating issue?
To resolve Outlook not updating issue, follow the steps as follows;
Way 1: You have to simply clear the offline items by following the steps as follows;
- First of all, you need to open the Outlook account and then move ahead to the inbox folder.
- Next, give the right tap on the folder that you need to clean.
- After doing so, you need to select the properties mentioned in the drop-down menu.
- Move ahead to the general tab and then go to clear the offline items option.
- You have to then choose an ok option and then finally, select the ok option again to resolve it.
Way 2: Try to just delete the OST Files;
- You have to make sure that the Outlook account has been exited and also, close the program.
- Next, you need to open the run dialogue box simply by writing down the R and Windows keys.
- You have to then write down %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\.
- After that, you need to press enter and then right-tap on the OST files.
- Finally, you need to choose what you want to delete from there.
Way 3: You have to simply increase the inbox refresh rate;
- You need to, first of all, open Outlook and then go ahead to the file option.
- Next, select options and then you need to move ahead to the advanced tab.
- You have to then move ahead to the send or receive tab.
- Go ahead to choose the group section.
- You have to then move ahead to the send or receive groups drop-down box.
- After that, you need to select the defined send or receive groups.
- Go ahead to all accounts and then you need to move ahead to the option of scheduling an automatic send or receive every minute for selecting how often you need to update the folder.
- Finally, you need to save the choice and then close the window soon.
Way 4: You need to just update the Outlook app on your mobile device;
- Firstly, you need to move ahead to the App Store or Google Play Store.
- After doing so, you need to search for the Outlook app. Next, you need to just look if the interface shows you if there are any available Outlook versions. Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to finish the update.
Need some help?
If you want to resolve Outlook not updating automatically trouble then feel free to reach out the tech support for quick help. Our experts are always here for you, so contact them immediately to resolve such issues related to automatic updates.
Related Article: How to instantly resolve Outlook not responding issue?