How to update a printer driver: We understand that at times printers can be notoriously tricky and complicated pieces of technology to navigate. Hence those who use a printer will no doubt have experienced such times when the printer will just not print or a functionality issue has occurred. Now this kind of communication between your printer and the computer often comes down to the driver that has been installed. This is because if the printer driver is out of date or is not compatible with your specific printer then that’s where the issues occur.
However, for every problem, there is always a solution and here in this blog we have provided you with the most suitable and appropriate solutions. It is quite easy to check for newer versions and just install them to resolve the issues. And the easiest way to get this done is to use an automatic updater. Here we have included this tool as part of the ‘CCleaner Professional’ package; this has other great features that will help clean the inside of your PC as well as optimize it. This tool would definitely save you time and frustration by enabling the computer to run in optimum condition.
Updating a printer driver on Windows 10 version
Here you will learn that there a several ways you can use OR How to update a printer driver on Windows 10. Hence the first one is to perform a general system update (if you are not running the latest version), and the other is to use the ‘Device Manager’ itself.
How do I update the Windows 10 operating system?
Now when you decide to update the operating system, Windows 100 will look for any new drivers and install them. However, it cannot always find every single one so you are recommended to use an automatic updater tool which is the easiest option as it is the task that they are built to perform.
Follow these steps below to manually push forward a new system update:
- You need to begin by heading over to your Windows 10 ‘Start’ button and find the ‘Settings’ option.
- Next, you will need to click on the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- And now you should go to ‘Windows Update’ and select the ‘Check for updates’ option, doing this will scan for any updates and will automatically start upgrading.
How do I use the Device Manager?
The following are the steps for updating a printer driver using the Device Manager:
- First of all, you got to open ‘Start’ and type in the ‘Device Manager.’
- After that, you should click on the ‘Device Manager’ option in the given search results.
- Next, you will need to expand the ‘Printers’ category.
- And then right-click on the printer that you would like to update the drivers for.
- You now need to select the ‘Update Driver’ option and then also select ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- In case Windows cannot find one, then you should follow the instructions given on your screen to complete the installation.
Now if you find that Windows cannot find one, then you can also check the printer manufacturer’s website and compare the latest version against what you are using. If the driver you’re using is older then you will need to follow the instructions that are on the manufacturer’s website to be able to download and install the latest release.
How to update a printer driver easily on your Windows 10. Nevertheless, if you come across any problem you can always get in touch with the team of professionals right here. And they will in no time assist you accordingly.
Related Article: Inkjet Printer Common Issues