If you need to know how to reset hp printer then you are at the right place. Here, you will find the simple methods that will help you in how to reset hp printer. So, move ahead, and in case of any issues while resetting, reach the experts right now for help.
Software Reset Method
For resetting, you can take the help of software, reset button, and also, the combination of power as well as other buttons.
How to perform software printer reset
To perform the software printer reset, follow the steps as follows;
- You have to, first of all, open the printer software on your device.
- After that, you have to move ahead to the general tab and then choose reset factory settings.
- You need to go under reset firmware and then go to reset.
- You have to then go to the yes option and then the printer will soon reset to the factory default.
Hardware Reset Method
To perform the hard reset, follow the steps as follows;
- You need to open the cover of your printer.
- After doing so, you need to locate the reset button and then hold it for up to 5 seconds.
- You have to then go to the yes option and soon, the printer will reset to its respective factory details.
How to Perform Hard Reset
To try network reset, follow the steps as follows;
3 Network Reset Methods
Method 1 You have to, first of all, unplug the printer and then you need to plug it back in. After that, you need to plug it and then you need to turn on the device. You have to then finally wait for it till it boots up properly.
Method 2 You have to, first of all, hold the wireless and then you have to go to the cancel button. After waiting for some seconds, your device will reset soon.
Method 3 For performing a network printer reset, you need to simply use the LCD control panel by following the steps as follows;
- You have to, first of all, hold down the menu button mentioned on the printer control panel.
- After that, you need to use the arrow buttons for navigating the network settings menu.
- You need to choose the ok button and then go ahead to the arrow buttons to navigate to the reset network settings option.
- Go to the ok button and then choose yes and soon, it will reset the factory defaults.
How to perform factory printer reset using a software:
For performing a factory printer reset with the help of software, follow the steps as follows;
- You need to, first of all, open the printer software and then you need to find out the factory reset button.
- Go to the yes and then the printer will instantly reset to the factory defaults.
How to perform a factory reset for a printer with LCD control panel
Also, for performing the factory how to reset hp printer with the help of the LCD control panel, follow the steps as follows;
- You have to first of all, hold down the menu button and then go ahead to the arrow buttons.
- You need to choose ok and then go to yes and then the printer will reset instantly.
The popular difference between software reset and factory setting reset
Software reset helps in restoring the setting of the printer to its factory defaults. The factory setting reset helps in resetting the firmware of the printer to its respective original version.
Different problems that can be solved by the printer reset;
- Not connected to the network
- Stuck in the line
- Has paper jam
- Is of poor quality
- Is not printing rightly
- Is not scanning
- Issues while printing or scanning
- Problem with the IP address
- Issues while connecting to the printer via ethernet
- Issues with the overheating of your device
Need some help?
If still, you need some help related to your HP printer then without any other thought, reach the professional right now. You can instantly reach the experts and thus, you will get the complete guidelines related to your printer or any related trouble.
Related Article: How to quickly change ink in HP Printer?