In Addition, We will discussed about If Garmin Express shows Displays a Server Error Message, your internet connection or the settings of your device might be a concern.
- We are unable to add this device because our servers are unavailable currently.
- Sorry, we are having a problem communicating with our servers.
Displays a Server Error Message Solution:
1. Server Error Message : Fast Internet Connection
- Firstly, Ensure the Internet connection good enough and fulfills the system requirements.
- Secondly, A high-speed Internet connection is must. In other words, Garmin Express is not best to use with mobile broadband, satellite, fixed wireless, or dial-up Internet connections.
2. Hardware Reset – Modem / Router
- Reset the network hardware – Router / Modem
- Shut down the computer and reset the network hardware by unplugging the router and/or modem
- After a minute, plug the router and/or modem back in to restart it and turn the computer back on and try using Garmin Express again
3. Date & Time on Computer
- Check the Date and Time Settings on the computer
- Incorrect date and time settings on the computer can cause communication errors between Garmin Express and the Garmin servers. Verify the date, time, and time zone settings are correct on the computer.
4. Security & Firewall
- Temporarily disable Internet Security/Firewall
- Although most security software will not interfere with Garmin Express. However, some security software on work computers or in a business place may cause this error.
- If possible, try to temporarily disable the software
- You cannot disable it, it will be necessary to use a different computer
- If after you disable it and issue persists, you can set up an exception for Garmin Express on your security software.
5. Proxy Settings on PC
- It is important that Garmin application should have correct proxy settings on the computer. Communicate with the Garmin servers, Check the proxy settings on the computer.
- Incorrectly configured proxy and/or LAN settings may affect the connection between the Internet. Verify the Proxy Settings are Correct on a Computer.
6. To verify proxy settings: On Windows Operating Systems
- Press the Windows key + R (A dialogue box would appear on the left-hand side)
- Type inetcpl.cpl in the box
- Click the Connections tab
- LAN Settings
- Ensure that the box Automatically detect settings have check mark
- Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN (if checked)
- Click OK, then OK again
7. To verify proxy settings: On Mac Operating Systems
- Click the Apple icon
- Then System Preferences
- Click the Advanced button
- Click the Proxies tab
- Select the box Auto Proxy Discovery
- Now OK
- Click Apply
8. Virtual Private Network – VPN
- Disable Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- If relevant, disable any VPN (Virtual Private Network) that is in use.
- If this is not possible, use a different computer and/or network connection.
9. Uninstall Garmin Express
- Uninstall Garmin Express
- Select the Start button – usually on the bottom left corner of the computer screen
- After That, Settings
- Select Apps
- Garmin Express
- You may receive a message “Windows needs to reboot” or the Uninstall might not work
- pen the Task Manager by holding down Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard
- Click the Processes tab
- Select “More details” if the tabs are not present
- Windows Update Service (if present) and click End Task
- Microsoft Service Process (if present) and click End Task
10. Restart Your Computer
- Restart the computer
- After That, Right-click the Start button – usually on the bottom left corner of the computer screen.
- Shut down or sign out
- After That, Restart
- To shut down the computer by pressing the power button, closing the lid on a notebook computer may not effectively restart the computer.
|Windows 8.1 and higher||Windows 7||MacOS/OS X|
|Right-click the Start button||The Start button||The Apple icon in the menu bar|
|Shut down or sign out||Shut Down||Restart|
|Then Restart||Now Restart||Restart to confirm|