We know that at times while installing a printer driver you may come across the ‘Printer driver not installed, Access is denied. And if this is the situation right now then you would be happy to know that you have the best site for guidance and solutions. This error is common but it can be frustrating as it is an obstacle to get work delay. So in this post, you will learn how to get the issue resolve effectively. Below you will find a step-by-step guide that is describe how to fix your printer driver not installed access is denied issue without any difficulty.
Call Customer Support: +1-256-286-0048
Table of Contents
What are the causes for the “Printer driver was not installed” access is denied” error?
Well, mostly the issue is cause when you do not have complete access to all the features of a Windows computer. Now since the error says ‘Access is denied’, this clearly states that a user has been trying to access some features which they do not have permission to access. So the solution for this issue is that you should first log in to your Windows computer using the Administrator rights and then you should try and install your printer driver again.
How you can solve the error ‘Printer driver was not installed’ access is denied?’
To start with the process of solving the ‘Printer driver was not installed’ access is denied’ issue on your Windows PC you will first need to follow the given two-step solutions below. You will find that both the solutions are clearly describe so you would easily execute them without any difficulty.
Method 1 – Login as an Administrator
Now if you have the Administrator account active on your Windows OS then you should log in with that account itself and move to the next step. Nevertheless, if the Administrator account is deactivate then you will need to follow the mentioned steps below to activate your Administrator account.
- You need to start by typing ‘cmd’ in the search box and then you should right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option in the search results. Then choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- And now in the ‘Command Prompt’ section, you got to make sure that you are in the ‘system32’ folder or Windows, and then you need to type the command ‘net user Administrator/active: yes’ after this press the ‘Enter’ button.
- After that, you will need to set the password for the Admin account. To do so you would need to type ‘net user Administrator*’ in the command prompt and then press the ‘Enter’ button.
- You must type your password and press the ‘Enter’ key after which you would need to retype the same password and press ‘Enter’ again to confirm the password.
- You will now have to click on the ‘Start’ button and then also click on your computer name and select ‘Administrator’ to log in using the Administrator rights.
When you have finished logging into your Windows PC with Admin powers then you should move to the next method.
Method 2 – Install the Printer Driver manually
After you have completed the above steps then you will need to install your printer driver again. And now that you have admin rights you will also have complete rights to access all the features of your Windows PC therefore you would be able to install your printer driver easily.
Follow the mentioned carefully to start installing the printer driver on your computer:
- First of all, you must click on the ‘Start’ button and then choose the ‘Settings’ icon from the menu options.
- And now when you are on the ‘Settings’ page you got to click on the ‘Devices’ option.
- And then right under ‘Devices’ you will need to click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- And in the ‘Printers and Scanners’ page you need to click on the ‘Add a printer or scanner’ link.
- You must now wait for a while and then click on the ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ option when you see it appearing on your screen.
- After that, in the ‘Add Printer’ window, you got to choose the ‘Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings’ option and then just click on ‘Next’.
- When you are in the ‘Use an existing port’ field you need to click on the ‘Down’ arrow to view the list of the ports available and then choose the port that you would like to install your printer.
- Next, you will have to click on the ‘Hard disk’ option to select the printer driver files.
- Furthermore, you would need to click on the ‘Browser’ option to specify the location of your printer driver.
After The Brower Option Follow The Steps
- You should locate the folder on your PC where you have the printer driver files. And select the printer driver file following by clicking on the ‘Option’ button.
- Alternatively, you got to make sure that the driver file location is correct and then just click on OK to continue.
- You should now select your printer from the list of printers mentioned. Here in the image ‘hp deskjet 990c’ is select. After choosing your printer, all you have to do is click the “Next” button.
- If you would like to change the name of the printer you can if not you can just leave the default name unchanged and click on ‘next’ again.
- After that, you are suppose to wait for a while for the driver files to install on your computer.
- Now if you would like to share your printer over the network then you can choose the relevant option and provide the details required. Here the ‘Do not share this printer’ option has been select as we do not want to share the printer over a network. Then alternately, you got to click on ‘Next’ to continue.
At last, when you see that message that your printer has been successfully add then you can either click on the ‘Print a test page’ option to check out your printer. Or you could just click on the ‘Finish’ button to complete the printer driver installation successfully.
That is it, you have finally been able to fix the issue ‘Printer driver not installed, Access is denied’ as well as you have the printer driver installed successfully.
Therefore we hope that you are satisfy with this blog and you have all your printer-related queries solved. Nevertheless, in case you encounter any problem regarding the same or you need further assistance then you can call Our Geeks Tech Support Number +1-256-286-0048 or you can Live Chat with our Experts. The well-equipped technicians will assist you in no time with absolutely suitable solutions.