In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to attach folder to an email. Attaching a folder to an email can be a useful way to share multiple files with someone quickly and easily. Rather than sending each file one by one, you can simply compress the folder and attach it to the email.
Call Customer Support: +1-256-286-0048
Table of Contents
How to Attach a Folder to an Email
Attaching a folder to an email can vary slightly depending on the email client or service you’re using. However, the general steps are:
- Locate the folder you want to attach to the email on your computer.
- Compress or zip the folder to reduce its size and make it easier to send. You can do this by right-clicking the folder and selecting “Compress” or “Zip” from the drop-down menu.
- Create a new email in your email client or service and compose your message.
- Click on the “Attach” or “Paperclip” icon in the email window, which will usually be located in the toolbar or menu at the top of the screen.
- Select “Attach File” or “Attach Folder” from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the location on your computer where the compressed folder is stored and select it.
- Click “Open” to attach the folder to your email.
- Finish composing your email and hit “Send” when you’re ready to send it.
Compress the folder into a file and then attach it to your email
To compress a folder into a file, you can use a file compression program like WinZip or WinRAR. Here’s how to do it:
- Right-click on the folder you want to compress.
- Select “Send to” and then “Compressed (zipped) folder.”
- Windows will create a new file with a .zip extension that contains all the files and subfolders in the original folder.
Now, to attach the compressed file to your email, follow these steps:
- Open your email client and create a new email message.
- Click on the “Attach file” or “Attach” button, depending on your email client.
- Select the compressed file you just created (with the .zip extension).
- Wait for the file to finish uploading, and then send the email as usual.
Create a link to the folder after uploading to the cloud
To create a link to a folder after uploading it to the cloud, you can follow these general steps:
- Go to the cloud storage service where you uploaded the folder.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share and select it.
- Look for a “share” or “get link” option. This may be represented by an icon of a chain link or an arrow pointing upward.
- Click the “share” or “get link” option. This will generate a link to the folder that you can share with others.
- Copy the link and share it with whomever you want to have access to the folder.
Note : that the exact steps for generating a link to a folder may vary depending on the specific cloud storage service you are using.
Can you attach a full folder to an email?
Yes, you can attach a full folder to an email by compressing the folder into a zip file first, and then attaching the zip file to the email. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Right-click on the folder you want to attach and select “Compress” or “Zip”.
- A new zip file will be created in the same location as the original folder. Rename the zip file if needed.
- Open your email client and create a new email.
- Click on the “Attach File” or “Attach” button (the exact wording may vary depending on your email client).
- Navigate to the location where you saved the zip file and select it.
- Click “Open” to attach the zip file to your email.
- Complete your email and send it to the recipient.
How do I attach a folder to an email without zipping it?
You can attach a folder to an email without zipping it by following these steps:
- Create a new email message in your email client of choice.
- Click on the “Attach” or “Attach File” button (the specific name may vary depending on your email client).
- Navigate to the folder you want to attach and select it.
- Depending on your email client, you may need to click on a “Select” or “Open” button to attach the folder to the email.
- The folder should now be attached to the email, and you can send it as you would with any other email attachment.
Need Help Call our Geeks Tech Support Number +1-256-286-0048 or Live Chat with our Experts.
Read Our Latest Articles: Click Now